Emergency Broadband Benefit Program
Viaero Wireless is participating in the FCC's Emergency Broadband Benefit Program (EBB). The program will help keep qualified households connected to the Internet during the COVID-19 pandemic. Benefits under the program are available for a limited time.
What Is It?
- A monthly discount of up to $50/mo. for broadband internet service.
- Qualifying internet service includes a broadband connection that permits households to rely on these connections for purposes essential to participating in society during the pandemic, such as telework, remote learning, and telehealth.
- Bundled service plans, such as Viaero's Better, Best, and Ultra Unlimited plans, qualify for the EBB discount.
- This is a temporary program and will end when funds are exhausted or within 6 months of the end of the pandemic as declared by the Department of Health and Human Services, whichever comes first.
- This program opens for households May 12th.
- Households may obtain EBB-discounted broadband service from any participating provider of their choosing.
- Households may transfer their EBB program benefit to another provider at any time.
How Do I Sign Up?
Signing up for the Emergency Broadband Benefit is a two-step process:
- Visit GetEmergencyBroadband.org to apply online and create an account to verify your eligibility.
- If you are already a Viaero lifeline customer and wish to sign up for discounted broadband service with the Emergency Broadband Benefit, contact us or click here to sign up.
- Bring your Verification of Emergency Broadband Benefit eligibility to Viaero and sign up for one of our Emergency Broadband Benefit-eligible plans.
Viaero's Eligible Rate Plans for EBB
|Broadband-Capable Rate Plan**||
Monthly Recurring Charge
|Monthly Recurring Charge After Emergency Broadband Discount*|
|Primary Viaero Better Unlimited||$65.00||$15.00|
|Primary Viaero Best Unlimited||$75.00||$25.00|
|Primary Viaero Ultra Unlimited||$75.00||$25.00|
|Viaero Best Unlimited Primary Hotspot Plan Up to 5Mbps||$65.00||$15.00|
|Viaero HomeConnect 25 GB Up to 8Mbps||$29.95 + $10 equipment fee||$0.00 with equipment fee|
|Viaero HomeConnect 50 GB Up to 8Mbps||$49.95 + $10 equipment fee||$9.95 with equipment fee|
|Viaero HomeConnect 100 GB Up to 8Mpbs||$89.95 + $10 equipment fee||$49.95 with equipment fee|
|Viaero HomeConnect 250 GB Up to 8Mpbs||$149.95 + $10 equipment fee||$109.95 with equipment fee|
*Speeds and prices of monthly recurring charges effective as of 12/1/2020. Customers who have autopay or qualify for Lifeline discounts on these plans may pay even less. A service contract is not required. Normal credit rules apply for customers switching to or adding Viaero EBB-eligible plans. Customers will be assigned ‘R’ class credit for purchasing equipment if they do not qualify for A credit. We will waive the accelerated remaining installment payments due requirement if at the end of the EBB program the customer returns the undamaged equipment to Viaero.
Who Is Eligible?
Households can qualify for the Emergency Broadband Benefit by showing that at least one member of their household meets one of the following criteria:
- Qualifies for the FCC’s Lifeline program, including those who are on Medicaid or receive SNAP benefits,
- Is approved for the free or reduced-price school breakfast/lunch program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision,
- Experienced substantial documented loss of income since February 29, 2020, with a total household income in 2020 below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers,
- Received a federal Pell grant in the current award year.
The Emergency Broadband Benefit is limited to one monthly broadband service discount per eligible household. Lifeline customers can receive both the Emergency Broadband discount and their Lifeline discount.
What Happens When the Benefit Ends?
When the government ends the Emergency Broadband Benefit program, Viaero will give customers the option to choose one of the following:
- Continue your Viaero broadband service without the Emergency Broadband Benefit discount. Customers who decide to continue service will fall under our normal credit and business rules.
- Change to a different Viaero plan. Our current plans include:
- Better, Best, Ultra, & Student Unlimited
- ProConnect Unlimited Internet
- HomeConnect Internet
- Return to your previous Viaero Lifeline service. If you were a Viaero Lifeline customer & changed to a different Viaero plan with the EBB discount, you can return to your previous Viaero Lifeline service when the EBB program ends.
- End Viaero broadband service & return any unpaid equipment.
**Unlimited plans typically see download speeds of 6-20 Mbps and upload speeds of 2-5 Mbps. Many factors affect the speed and performance that consumers experience, including the programs running on the device, proximity to a cell site, the capacity of the cell site, the surrounding terrain, use inside a building or moving vehicle, radio frequency interference, how many other consumers are attempting to use the same spectrum resources, the high-speed data allotment and other features of your data plan, or data use by an Unlimited high-speed data consumer that is excessive compared to the average consumer. Consumer devices also have varying speed capabilities and may connect to different networks depending on technology. Network changes, traffic volume, outages, technical limitations, signal strength, obstructions, weather, and other conditions may impact speeds and service availability.